CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Tri of the Season


I signed up for my first tri of the season to realize it is only 19 days away. (as I am typing I am getting butterflies in my stomach!) I am so excited for the season to start, but I am nervous that I was not able to train at all in the off-season. I am planning to get a few rides in before the 14th with the hopes that the weather will continue to cooperate. :)
Our first TRI-OKC meeting of the year was last night. Talk about a great meeting. The speakers were so informative and the "runners" segment was awesome. I finally realize to get faster, I have to work harder on my runs and go longer distances. Since I have my swim down from so much practice last year (which is what I was worried about) I am going to focus on my run this year. With that said I am going to the track tonight to get some mileage in. I guess I am going to start with speed work and get some 800 repeats in. I just hope it pays off and I can see a big drop in my 5k times.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

How did it go? Sorry I haven't been in contact or around. I was out of town at the last meeting but plan on coming to this month's meeting. We need to get together some time!